Sunday, January 10, 2010

How far would you go?

I'm an action kind of girl. This is not always a good thing, as I tend to leap before I look. But this is a trait that I admire and enjoy in others, including in my awesome friend Rachel, who upon hearing that I had embarked on this crusade d'amour, pulled out her virtual Rolodex and started picking out eligible men for me to meet.

She called on December 31 to let me know that she already had a few irons in the fire and ran the would-be bachelors by me to gauge my interest. Mr. X is smart as hell...degree from various Ivy Leagues, published author, but maybe a commitment-phobe (40-something, never married). She shoots me his website, complete with photo. Ok, not immediately attracted but it's just a photo. Give her a lukewarm "maybe."

Mr. Y is a divorced father of one who is "incredibly funny with a great voice". The glitch? He lives on the West Coast. Argh. But what's a few thousand miles between potential soul mates?

I greenlight Mr. Y and Rachel writes a witty friendtroduction to the two of us via Facebook. And we're off to the races. Mr. San Fran and I have exchanged a couple of messages over the past few days and may even try to [gasp] speak this coming week. He has a "healthy snack" company and is funny and charming by email. His photos are cute and I'm definitely in "What the hell" mode. Plus, I could use some free snack samples.

And so, I, like chicklit patron saint Elizabeth Gilbert before me, set out for uncharted territory--or at least beyond the beltway in search of the One.

No comments:

Post a Comment