Thursday, January 7, 2010

Heart chakra tune-up

It's not like I didn't intuitively know this already, but apparently, my heart chakra is in desperate need of a tune-up, or so say my friends Honi and Rachel over at Holeco Medispa.

When I stopped by today to chat, I told Honi I'd been having back pain and pointed to the area around my upper back where it's been hurting for the past several months since my mom died. She put her hand on my back and managed to pinpoint the exact area that is ground zero for the pain.

"Yes, you are very crunchy here," she said with the knowing clinical tone of a surgeon. "Crunchy?" I asked, somewhat disturbed. Crunchy is fine for potato chips and peanut butter cookies but I wasn't exactly keen on hearing any of my body parts described that way.

"Yes, your tendons are very tight. This is your whole back area, which is connected to your heart chakra." That made sense--my heart chakra being out of whack and all. She insisted I come to a chakra balancing workshop and in the meantime, gave me a delightful smelling heart chakra oil.

Back in my car, I whipped out the oil and put a few drops on my 4th chakra, near my heart. I don't know if it was the smell of the lavender and rose or just the comfort of knowing that there are people out there who have a healing touch, but my back felt better almost immediately. As for my heart, it's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment